Monday, September 11, 2006

Causeway Scrabble Challenge 2006 Update (email from Michael Tang dated Sept. 09, 06)

Dear fellow Scrabblers,

I am pleased to inform you of the following special package at the Zon Regency Hotel, formerly known as Eden Garden hotel, for the Causeway Scrabble Challenge 2006 from 8 till 10 Dec 2006.

Double Occupancy: RM350 (US$95)
Single Occupancy: RM450 (US$123)

Please note that the above package include the following:

- 2 nights of accomodation on 8th and 9th Dec
- 6 meals, i.e. Dinner on 8th, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on 9th, Breakfast and Lunch on 10th

Please e-mail to me your choice of package ASAP as I need to make prior bookings with the hotel. Please note that you need to settle payment with me in cash and I can accept any equivalent currency to your convenience. For those players who wish to stay beyond the tournament period, please contact me directly and I will get the special package for you too.

I would also like to take this opportunity to update all players for the team event. The following players have so far confirm their participation or qualified in their respective country:

Australia:Andrew Fisher
Naween Fernando
David Eldar
Chris May
Edward Okulicz

Singapore:
Tony Sim
Cheah Siu Hean
Goh Jiang Pern
Hubert Wee

Malaysia:Ganesh
Nigel Richards
Aaron Chong
Pui Cheng Wui

Philippines:Odette Rio
Ronald Credo
Teodoro Martus
Roger Parchamento

Thailand:Taewan

I shall send another update once I have the complete list of players for the team events. I am also glad to inform you that this year Open Division attracts players from all the 6 countries above and I hope all interested players for the Open section will send me their registration ASAP together with their accomodation requirment.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in exactly 3 months time.


Michael

Organising Chairman

No comments: