King's Cup 2002: Ronald Credo vs. Femi Awowade – Sweet Round 10 Redemption
True competitive resilience means shaking off a tough defeat and hitting back harder when it matters most. After suffering a loss to the brilliant Femi Awowade in Round 8, the tournament pairings brought us face-to-face again just two rounds later in Round 10. Knowing Femi would eventually march all the way to the Grand Finals, this preliminary rematch was an absolute must-win.
The board exploded early into a thrilling five-bingo shootout. Despite a slow start where I had to dump my opening rack, I found my footing by dropping (O)UTVOICE for 71 points. Femi fired back aggressively with dHURRAs (70) and (E)BONISED (86), but my tile management held strong. I unleashed a clutch 74-point bingo of SLENDER down the C-column to wrest back control. Backed by high-scoring short words like GOX (57) and JO (57), I successfully held off Femi’s late-game surge (ORIBATI(D) for 74) to seal a magnificent 486-414 redemption victory.
Click on the turn log below to see how I avenged my previous loss!
No comments:
Post a Comment