Causeway 2006: Ronald Credo vs. David Eldar – Conquering the World Youth Champion
Beating a prodigy on a meteoric rise requires relentless pressure and flawless execution. At the 2006 Causeway Challenge, I went toe-to-toe with Australia's David Eldar, who was dominating the international scene as the reigning World Youth Champion. Eldar struck first with an early bingo, but the turning point belonged entirely to my mid-game strategy. I launched a devastating counter-offensive, unloading back-to-back bingos of UNLISTE(D) (80) and (C)OINCIDE (67). This offensive surge completely neutralized Eldar's defenses and allowed me to cruise to a historic, definitive 428-340 victory.
The funny thing I remember happened right after the final tile fell: David hurriedly rushed off to the toilet and left his scoresheet right there on the table. Seizing the moment, I quickly sneaked a peek to copy down his exact rack notes so I could reconstruct his side of the battle!
No comments:
Post a Comment