Thursday, August 10, 2023

Chris May vs. Ronald Credo, Round 14 at 5th Causeway Scrabble Challenge 2006

 This was the only game where Chris May and I have played across the Scrabble board.


I've learned a few days ago that Chris May already passed away. I remember him as humble and passionate Scrabble player. I first saw him at the 5th Causeway Scrabble Challenge 2006 held in Johor Bahru, Malaysia wherein I got the chance to play him. I thought that I already blocked the board, but he came up with a nice bingo on a tight board! I also met him at the 9th World Scrabble Championship 2007 in Kuala Lumpur. I had a fond memory of Chris singing "The Sound of Silence" in a videoke before the dinner at the Baguio International Word Builders Tournament 2009 held in Baguio City, Philippines. That was fun! I recorded a video of him singing but he refused to be uploaded it in Facebook.

Chris May from his photo in Facebook


No comments: