Monday, July 15, 2002

Ronald Credo vs. Panupol Sujjayakorn, Round 5 at 17th Brand Crossword Game King's Cup 2002

Stunning the Master: My 439-380 Top-Box Win Over Panupol at the 2002 King's Cup
When you enter a round at 4-0 alongside the tournament's absolute elite, you have to maximize every single premium square. This round featured the final four undefeated players: I was paired against Panupol Sujjayakorn, while Nigel Richards went head-to-head with Evan Simpson at the next table, with the winners scheduled to clash in the next round.
The momentum swung like a pendulum after Panupol took the lead with a superb 72-point play of LITTERS. I had to hunt for a decisive response, which arrived when I picked up a blank and mapped out SCALLOp along the N-column for a massive 80 points. That single bingo turned the tables completely, holding off his endgame tracking to secure an unforgettable 439-380 win. Click on the turn sequence below to dissect the board layout!"

No comments: